80’s Party – Adult
My husband loves the 80’s so for his 45th birthday, I threw him an 80’s bash. The decorations included Slinky’s hanging from the ceiling, glow sticks, framed pictures of 80’s stars, posters, and toys and games from the 80’s. I made a ton of food and had all the guests dress up in their best 80’s gear. For the invitation, I purchased cassette tapes and then printed labels with the information for the party and stuck the label on the front of the cassette and mailed them to the guests. I also created a Family Feud game and rented a projector and screen and we had a lot of fun playing “boys vs. girls”
For this cake, I covered a cardboard box in a black plastic table cloth and then clear plastic wrap. I found a flower pinwheel at the dollar store similar to the one below and I cut the petals to look like the Pac-Man ghosts and glued on googly eyes. I made a circle cake and cut out the mouth to look like Pac-Man and made mini cupcakes to look like the dots Pac-Man eats.
For the 80’s photos, I just looked up 80’s celebrities and printed their photos and added a frame and placed them around the house as if they were our own.
I bought a pack of 80’s movie posters and randomly hung them on the walls around the house.
Below is a picture of the light up cassette tape centerpiece I found on Etsy.
Playing Family Feud.
Our guests all dressed up!
10 Fun and Free Activities to Do With Your Child This Summer
- Go to the library and check out books. Then come home and have your child make a bookmark using paper, crayons, ribbon, stickers, paint, markers, etc.
- Check with local libraries to see what free children’s programming they are offering and attend one or more
- Bake cookies or a cake
- Go on a hike. Check your state website for trail listings
- Have a picnic lunch in your backyard or at a local park
- Get active! Have a dance party, jump rope or hula hoop contest, or play tag
- Take your kids outside with paper and paint and have them sit on the grass and paint a nature scene
- Collect acorns, sticks, flower petals, etc. and make a sign, story or press flowers
9. Go to the beach, collect shells and make shell art
10. Set up an obstacle course or scavenger hunt